Funny, fascinating, frightful. They're all here. Right this way...
Top 10 Outdoors Blog Posts of the Year:
1. Skateboarding in Afghanistan: The Paradise Within -- What a refreshing story going on in war-torn Afghanistan. Skateboarding is having a tremendous impact on the children, giving them hope at a place called Skateistan. The 8-minute documentary itself is worth the click.
2. Surfer breaks erroneous Guinness surfing record, or did he? -- Hilarious. A surfer mistakenly believes the Guinness World Record for continuous surfing is 24 hours. So he surfs for 26 hours. Only, the record was only 15 hours, if it was a record at all.
3. Red Sea shark attacks: One victim thought it was a dolphin -- A true-life "Jaws" drama going on in Egypt that you gotta see to believe.
4. Boys lost at sea for 50 days; you'll never guess why -- No, you'll never guess why three teens became lost at sea for so long north of Samoa. Or maybe you will.
5. Kayaker terrified by shark -- This one comes with the "Jaws" theme and underwater video. Incredible.
6. Wildlife rescue: Saving deer cost pair $90 apiece -- Heroes or dumb? An interesting take about the two guys who rescued a deer from an icy river.
|Whale Wars: Godzilla|
8. You won't guess what the Pope just blessed -- Here's a hint: It's done in the outdoors and is quite popular every winter.
9. Skateboarding speed record comes from corn -- No kidding. Corn. And a rep from Guinness World Records was there to prove it!
10. Angler catches world-record yellowfin tuna -- This is one, big tuna. Fishing fanatics or not, this is a must see.
And in case you missed it, here are the Great Outdoors Awards for 2010.
Coming soon on Mondays at Outdoors 720: Fishing Presidents
Follow Outdoors720 on Twitter at @outdoors720